1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Worst Teams Ever

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And some of those 90s Clippers, and 00s Clippers. The Clips certainly deserve the franchise lifetime achievement award in this category, yet I'm hard pressed to think of one specific Clip team that stands out as Top 10 material.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There were some galactically bad Cavs teams back in the early 80s that probably surpass the level of suck achieved by the Clips and the early-90s Mavs.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

None of that ancillary bullshit.

Based solely on the teams on the field, 2008 Lions would be three-TD favorites

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That group would be the 04-05 Knights compared to the Missy IceDogs in their expansion year of 1998-99. Record of 4-61-3, 145 goals scored, 426 allowed, 93 points behind Barrie for first in their division. They had six games against the other expansion team and went 1-4-1.

Two years later, after drafting first overall the previous two years, they went 3-56-7-2 under Rick Vaive.

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

No way. How so?

The Lions have two good offensive options in Johnson and Smith but is that really better than Palmer/Johnson/Housh... maybe.

The Lions still need a QB, but all of that won't matter without a defense and an offensive line, a front office, a coaching staff, a new owner, and some new return men and some better trainers.

6. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Yeah. I suppose I look at it differently; relatively speaking. I see the Lions as "worst ever" because of the NFL's system, the fact they keep getting worse rather than better, etc.

But yes, if you just took the collection of talent on Ford Field in 2008 and that Bucs team and pit them head to head, the Bucs are probably worse.

I just can't forgive the Lions for being this bad for so long, making them, as a whole and in my opinion, the worst pro franchise ever.

7. Pete Incaviglia

Speaking of the Lions, not sure if this was posted anywhere, but Wetzel calls for the commish to step in and do something:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-ford122208&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Don't forget that the Steelers from their inception were similarly horseshit, for just about this long.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I'll say it again. Wetzel's been on fire lately. Can wait for his March Madness blogging.

10. Pete Incaviglia

He's had back-to-back solid columns on Motown.

11. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Thought Kansas State football would make the list, especially Stan Parrish's teams.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Forgot about them.... Ice Pups had to improve to be awful in the early 00's

Draft saved Draft deleted