1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 Will Ferrell SNL Sketches of All Time (w/video)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Deeper_Background, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

10. Get Off the Shed
    9.Gus Chiggins
    8. Dale Sturtevant - Dissing Your Dog
    7. The H. is O.
    6. VH1 Behind the Music: Blue Oyster Cult
    5. Harry Caray - Space: The Infinite Frontier
    4. Robert Goulet Coconut Banger's Ball
    3. Family Portrait
    2. VH1 Storytellers: Neal Diamond
    1. Mr. Tarkanian, the Boss From Hell

http://cracked.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=795

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Wow. I'd argue Cowbell is one of the five best ever ... on the show. That and the Diamond one are definitely my favorites, maybe because I also have killed a drifter just to get an erection.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Well done (for once) D_B!

I agree, Hammer Pants. That "VH1 Storytellers" skit is hilarious. :D

"That, of course, is "Sweet Caroline". I wrote that song after a big show at the Forum. Gary and I had been drinking pretty heavily, and we were driving..yeah, well, we were driving down this dark road, and I hit a kid. So, we got out, and sure enough he was dead. So, we just took off. Pretty fast."

4. Deeper_Background

The Robert Goulet one kills me. I think Will actually went on Conan for two segments in that character where he still thinks he is on the Tonight Show, classic.

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

GOULET!

6. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

As far as I'm concerned, you have to include Janet Reno's dance party, just because who in their right mind would expect to see a Janet Reno impersonation from anyone (and also because it was funny as hell)

Here's the only Janet Reno's Dance Party I could find on youtube (its incomplete and doesn't have them dancing to "My Sharona", which was hands down the best part) but this was the best I could do, enjoy.

7. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

I've been doing cocaine and lifting weights all morning, I want you NOW Mr.Tarkanian.

8. Deeper_Background

Will's 'lifetime achievement' tribute song to Lance Armstrong at the ESPY's is great too.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"I own a Mitsubishi Galant with a covered top! Big stuff. Bigtime stuff!"

10. Deeper_Background

I can't believe James Lipton of Inside the Actors Studio didn't make the list either.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I work too hard.....I work too hard....I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!

12. Matt Foley

Matt Foley Member

Although you can't really chalk this up as just a Will Ferrell skit, I'm still surprised nobody's mentioned the Roxbury guys, that skit put Hadaway on the map forever, or for the mid-90's at least.

Draft saved Draft deleted