1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

top 10 video game WEAPONS

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by the_rookie, Jul 10, 2006.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Galaga.

My lord, how much time I wasted playing that game.

2. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I always liked the RC-P90 from Goldeneye. You didn't even need to aim with that thing.

Also, can we count the Sonic Spin move? Nothing like rolling oneself into a ball and hurtling towards the enemy while sustaining no damage whatsoever.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

The spread gun was No. 7, but it should've been higher. The perfect Contra weapon.

And I have to give these people credit for sticking the turtle shell in there at No. 2. Those of us who played Mario Kart in our youth knew how much of a momentum changer it was to dodge that damn red shell. The only way to beat it was to duck around a turn real quick.

And I never played doom, but the BFG is claaaasic.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

The crystals in Sinistar.

"Beware, I live!"

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

The RPG gun in Duke Nukem was pretty fun to have. I think there's been a couple other games that have had it too.

6. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I almost forgot the slappers in Goldeneye. Nothing like running up to someone with a Laser or the Golden Gun and trying to slap them to death. Hilarity always ensued.

I do not nominate the Klobb, though. I chose slappers over the Klobb.

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I had forgotten about the Klobb, which was easily the worst video game weapon of all-time.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK, this is killing me because I CANNOT remember the name of the game. It was a shareware thing for PCs and it featured multiple tanks and a mountainous landscape with a wide variety of wild and awful weapons like Liquid Napalm and Death's Head. It was not a very good game in terms of graphics but it was fun to play just the same. Anyone remember the name of the game?

Also, the sportscar with missiles on NARC. What a great game and it had you fragging a whole gaggle of LSD-strung clowns laughing hysterically.

9. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

[​IMG]

The back brain kick!

(If my brother's guy can stay still long enough for me to do it. Dude, quit moving your guy!)

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Just remembered the game. It's called Scorched Earth. Absolutely fabulous weapons combined with cheesy graphics makes for one awesome shareware game.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The oil slick in the arcade version of Spy Hunter.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Steve Perry's shooting microphone.

And for fun, those ropes in Jungle Hunt, even though they weren't weapons. I'd spend hours just swinging from one rope to the next, and jumping over the crocs' mouths.

Draft saved Draft deleted