1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 high school football movies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shifty Squid, Sep 13, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

The codas liked where Ace went with that...

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Helen Hunt, baby, Helen Hunt.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We better get a backhoe ... from the looks of things, this hole's getting crowded.

EDIT: Is it a real movie, or is it a documentary? Methinks if the latter, then it should not count.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

According to imdb.com, it is a documentary.

5. A second for Blood Sport. Busey as a clean-cut, good guy (not named Buddy Holly)? Who'd a thunk it? I think it was an ABC Tuesday movie of the week, with a plot similar to Varsity Blues but with out the over-the-top stereotypes.

Unfortunately, one of those movies that fell through the VHS/Beta/DVD cracks. Don't think it's available anywhere.

6. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

I too, had never heard of number one, although I had heard of the others on the list.

And wasn't there a movie that had Robin Williams and Kurt Russell in it that was high school football players playing a game at their reunion? I am too lazy to search and Doc is better at it than I anyway.

7. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

I actually have Go Tigers on tape. Think it ran on IFC a couple years back. Great film. It is a well-done behind-the-scenes documentary about the Massillon (Ohio) High School team and how deeply passionate the community is about the team.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, it was set in the Central Valley of California, down by Bakersfield; one of the teams was called Taft High but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the movie and I'm too lazy to Google it.

Pretty lame flick, as I recall. And it did not have a young, hot, red-headed Leah Thompson heating up the sheets like ATRM.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Guys, that was The Best of Times. Mentioned earlier as one which possibly could have made this list. I think it was better than a few that are on there.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

But it did have a rather milfy Holly Palance.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Page 2 of the thread and not even an honorable mention for Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Jefferson! Jefferson! Jefferson! Jefferson! Jefferson!

12. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Not Another Teen Movie.

Sandy Sue: Give me an 'H'. Give me a 'U'. Give me a - giant pussy-licking, ass-fucker cock shit.

Sandy Sue: I'm sorry. That was my Tourette's.

Draft saved Draft deleted