1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Top 10 best To Catch a Predator moments

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Jay Sherman, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"You can keep the towel."

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

The 1st guy needs to tie his shoe laces.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You know, I don't think that was a problem for long. Those are some of the first things to go.

5. JakeandElwood

Nah, it was when they were walking him out. I think he actually showed up to the house naked. Classy guy.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

As the final video was wrapping up, I got to thinking: What scenario would everyone believe that you had no intention on having sex with the young boy or girl in question.

The only situation I can imagine is that if, I, for example -- after talking with the young boy or girl online -- show up in a Chris Hansen T-shirt; a big, black shirt with a poster-sized head shot of Chris Hansen with "No. 1 FAN" written beneath it. And upon entering the quaint, Ohio home and taking a seat at the bar, I anxiously await the next person to show his or her face from the kitchen door. Then, when Hansen walks out, I get off the stool, throw both hands up in complete jubilation, walk toward him with my hand extended and say, "Oh, my God, it's really you. I can't believe I'm shaking hands with Chris Hansen. This is unbelievable." Maybe even snap a shot of us together with my camera phone. Then, once he questions me about the Internet conversations, I keep turning the answers into my excitement to be sitting across from him.

Providing you've got a clean record, I think that's the only way you get off without a sentence. Maybe.

7. JakeandElwood

I still think you might be screwed there, Mike. I bet if they saw you wearing the shirt etc. they'd prolly just send the girl/boy out for a long time to really establish that you're there to uh, you know, not shake Chris Hanson's hand. That is clever, though.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Editor pet peeve: Top 10 best is redundant.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

At that point, I'd keep asking the boy or girl if Chris Hansen is there. I actually would like to try something like that -- or hire someone to do it -- just to see what the limit is. I want to beat the system. I've got no interest in diddling the youth. I just want to be the guy to beat Dateline's trap.

10. JakeandElwood

It's good to have goals.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Be sure to tell my story, JandE.

12. JakeandElwood

If NBC doesn't, I guess I will.

Draft saved Draft deleted