1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tooth whitening: Pimp my British-ass teeth

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Anyone have any raves about any of the tooth-whitening products out there, be they gels or strips? Unless a trip to the dentist's office produces results that are $270 better, I'd rather pay $30 for an off-the-counter system than $300 at the dentist's.

Thank you.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Paid $30 for the Crest Whitening Strips package a couple months ago. They worked for the short term, but I'm not sure if how they worked is good for my teeth in the long term. That said, I'd recommend them if you want a quick fix instead of going to the dentist.

Also, brush your teeth more. And floss. 8)

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I paid the $250 to get them whitened at the dentist. The cost was in making the molds to fit my teeth, not the actual whitening compound. It came with three tubes (three weeks' worth) and my dentist sends them to me for like $10 whenever I run out. After three weeks, my teeth are perfectly white again and stay that way for about a year (damned smoking!).

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

Hmmm. I already have a mold of the tops because I grind my teef when I sleep at night. Maybe it'll be $125 for me if I just need the bottom mold made.

5. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

warning: teeth whitening removes the enamel. its not exactly good for you.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

So I heard.

After I used it. Oops. 8)

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

It's the only vice I have since I quit taking meth.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How did they get my picture? Dammit!

Draft saved Draft deleted