1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Too old for Facebook nudity?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

There is a woman I went to law school with who works in the corporate group of a hugely prestigious Wall Street law firm who posts photos that would make Maxim's editors blush, largely from the beach, but also from the club and elsewhere. She does have an absolutely incredible body, and I can say that without even feeling like a dirty old man about it. It's clear the woman works out like a maniac. It seems inappropriate sometimes, but what do I know?

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

That is sort of my dilemna...do I mention to my client, "hey, your head of marketing, posts shots that really don't help the company from an image standpoint?" But this client is a little odd, they may encourage it or like it.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

People, we have standards here.

Vombatus and TigerVols like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How do they not help the company from an image standpoint? I guess I don't know what the company does, but unless it's something like Hobby Lobby or Chick-fil-A, I don't think today's world would consider an attractive woman to be a drawback.

Most of us grew up around women who were adamant about not being judged by their looks. It's so much different now, though. I've worked on two different college campuses in the past year. The comfort that young people have with using that physical appeal (what we would call objectification) is something our generation doesn't understand. But it's there, and usually seen in a positive light.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So?

spikechiquet likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Not sure what business it is of yours what their employee does, particularly when her apparent indiscretion is at worst, very minor.

7. I'm amazed by the photos people post for their LinkedIn profile.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

That's tame. Have you seen some of the stuff floating around on Instagram?

9. Yeah, except Instagram is for business and professional connections. Instagram is social networking for younger people. Much, much broader.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

You should see mine.

wicked likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Please PM link or pic to me. I really can't assess this situation without a picture. I promise not to do anything bad, like beat off to it.

spikechiquet and wicked like this.
  12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

No, I haven't. Please share.

Draft saved Draft deleted