1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tony Stewart rips NASCAR

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by skippy05, Apr 25, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is that the first time "classy" has been used in reference to any NASCAR fans?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Between he and Smoke, both of whom drive the rednecks up the wall.

Imagine if one or both jumped to Toyota ...

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Is that the first time "classy" has been used in reference to any NASCARTalladega fans?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Many of Talladega's fans put the ass in class.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Good enough reason for me, too, though Stewart is still my favorite.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Ditto.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm a Gordon fan, and I do so love to ask Earnhardt Jr. fans when he last won a Cup title. Gives me a little joy in my heart when the they start mumbling.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

He wins the Cup title every season in my dreams. :)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The dregs of Nascar fans...They are the equivalent of the fat woman with three teeth or the guy with the hair shirt in overalls that the TV cameras always seem to find in times of a southern natural disaster

10. skippy05

skippy05 Member

I've had similar experiences with him. When he won the Brickyard, he was so happy, he basically gave mini one-on-ones with everyone he could find. I was one of them. The next time I saw him a few weeks later, he was back in jerk mode. I will echo what someone else said here about him being an incredibly giving and charitible person who is wonderful with kids. But at his core, he's a guy who just wants to be left alone. That doesn't excuse his boorish behavior, but I would rather cover him and his outbursts than nice guys like Jimmie Johnson and Matt Kenseth. Both of those guys are great and are gracious to the media, but at the end of the day, are also boring. You know with Tony, you're getting some good copy or sound and there's ALWAYS a story...

11. skippy05

skippy05 Member

Equivalent? Shit, you've just describe the couple who saved up all year long for pit passes at Talladega so they can make faces for the camera behind Gordon when he's being interviewed.

Draft saved Draft deleted