1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tonight's SNL -- Joseph Gordon Levitt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Nov 22, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Thirty minutes in and I think this has been damn funny so far.
    The sketch with Dave Matthews as Ozzy Osbourne made me laugh and laugh. So did the monologue/song/dance by JGL and the digital short with Samberg.
    Great show, so far.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I thought the press conference opening skit was pretty damn funny, too.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

dvr'd it. will get back to you.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I like to be kissed WHILE SOMEONE IS DOING SEX TO ME!!!!!

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Al Gore's deadpan reactions in the "What Up with That?" sketch made me laugh harder than anything I've seen so far this season.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hearing pretty good reviews, tho I missed it. But, have to admit I thought the choice of host was a strange non-sequitor. First, I had to look him up cuz I had no idea who he is, then noticed he's really done nothing of late (no movie/show to plug). That's the main reason I skipped - I thought it had FAIL written all over it.

I was, apparently, wrong.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Yes. That sketch was hilarious, mainly because Al Gore was in it. The other two guests didn't even have a line.

That sketch was so weird that I laughed my ass off.

8. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Gordon-Leavitt's 500 Days of Summer, while not recent, was pretty big. It premiered in the summer, so he couldn't really plug it before.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

He was also in a little movie called "G.I. Joe". A few people went to see it this summer. And the DVD came out this week or last.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

the monologue was among the best in SNL HISTORY!!!

has to be downhill from here....

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

500 Days of Summer was my favorite movie of this year, for those who might still be able to catch it.

12. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

What Up with That? is slowly becoming my favorite running sketch, mainly for Sudekis' dancing in the background.

Draft saved Draft deleted