1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tom DeLay: Democrats are cleaning the GOP's clocks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 10, 2008.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2008/jun/09/delay-warns-gop-faces-long-rebuilding-process/

And here's an interesting tidbit tossed in at the end (perhaps it's a crouton of information or something):

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And we want to thank Mr. DeLay for helping to make the upcoming November GOP disaster possible.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

First of all, DeLay's delusional. The left is hardly cleaning any clocks. It's merely playing even, which is a little too close for DeLay's comfort.

At any rate, it hardly matters. Competitive, win-at-all-costs guys like this really bemoan not being in the loop. Every opinion they have is shaped by the fact that if it isn't theirs, it probably isn't any good.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

How are those legal charges coming along, Smiley?

5. I agree with Ben. DeLay is one of the people most responsible for the current anti-GOP attitude in this country. He may No. 3 on that list, behind Bush and Cheney.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wording this as the Dems "cleaning their clock" ain't quite right, IMO, because it falsely suggests that the political shift of the last few years is due the Dems doing something right.

But I've not noticed much change in how the people view the Democrats, but I've noticed a HUGE INCREASE in the number of people who've become disgusted and contemptuous of Republicans, especially the greedy corrupt ones like Delay himself. The Republicans have done this to themselves, and I don't think it's shifting back any time soon, if ever.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Some of the recent local elections have been absolutely stunning.

I'm sure he is referring to that.

8. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

You're forgetting the architect of this take-no-prisoners policy -- Newt Gingrich.

It all comes back to his sleazy MO of portraying the Democrats as the devil incarnate and refusing to work with them in any way, shape or form -- to the detriment of the country.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

They overreached, big-time. And it's going to bite them in the ass, for a good while.

Draft saved Draft deleted