1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tokyo-based freelancer

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by chasingdeadlines, Jan 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. chasingdeadlines

chasingdeadlines New Member

Hi, I'm Ed Odeven, a veteran sports journalist with 13-plus years in Japan, reporting on and editing domestic and international sports. My reporting experience here includes 14 seasons on the pro basketball beat and extensive Olympic coverage at the 2008 Beijing Games and 2012 London Games, as well as the 2006 FIBA World Basketball Championship and 2007 IAAF World Athletics Championships.

I'm seeking steady work as a freelancer in the run-up to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics (and during, if possible) and other spot-news coverage about sports for annual events, trend pieces and features that can be tailored to hometown and regional publications about foreign-born athletes in Japan.

I have more than 25 years of experience in the newspaper business, including stints as sports editor of a community college weekly (Pima Community College's The Aztec Press), university weekday paper (Arizona State's State Press) and a city newspaper (Arizona Daily Sun). I have also freelanced for dozens of publications spanning the globe.

email: odevened@gmail.com
    Ed Odeven | The Japan Times Journalist | Muck Rack
    Ed Odeven Reporting

Draft saved Draft deleted