1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Todd Dodge to North Texas

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Dec 12, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Startlegram on the case ....

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/colleges/16218842.htm

2. SnoopCoog

SnoopCoog Member

Since moving up from Class 4A to 5A in 2002, Carroll is 77-1 and has won a state title three of the past four seasons.

That's amazing!

3. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

I found myself laughing out loud at some of the wording of this story:

Those sources also indicated that the UNT Sports Information department could put out a press release once the head coaching job is filled.

Villarreal also has yet to deny that he wear's women's clothing on Saturday nights, hates Cheerios, and once snorted a line of coke off the 50-yard-line.

Asked if his silence meant that he was enquivocally denying that he would be UNT's next head coach, Dodge offered an unequivocal denial of his inferred unequivocal denial, equivocally saying he was unenquivocally confirming that by remaining silent he was unequivocally denying the reports.

I have no doubt that the jist of the story is accurate.

But it reads like a script for the Colbert report.

4. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

That is a bizarre way to word things, 'has yet to deny.'

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

It's a done deal. Dodge will be introduced to the Mean Green Nation at 7 p.m. CT.

Draft saved Draft deleted