1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's Woot - help!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 9, 2008.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

So, you're saying to buy cheap printers on sale and replace them when the ink runs out?

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Can you replace one color at a time or do you need to buy all at once?

I got an HP off of Woot for about $120 and it makes Mama happy.

And you know, if Mama ain't happy...

3. Kodak's street price is $129, and their ink looks much cheaper than that offered by "We won't kiss you first" HP, but I do not know how long the ink will last. You need to look at that to decide total cost of ownership (TCO).

but at that price, it may be just right for you depending on what kind of printing you need to do and how often.

4. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Depends on what brand your printer is. Certain ones (like Epson) use individual CMYK cartridges. Others (like HP) use one black and one color cartridge.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Depends how cheap it is and how much ink are in the cartridges of the new ones. ;)

Working on the sales floor, you'd learn which people started you off with good cartridges and which ones screwed you over.

6. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

A lot of Walgreens will refill your ink cartridges now and it's a lot less expensive than buying new.

I think it was $10 for black and $15 for color. I don't think it's available at every Walgreens yet, but there were still plenty in my area that offered it.

Takes about a half hour to get them filled.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

She'll go to work at a brothel in Poland?

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

You can also buy house-brand cartridges for much less than new ones. (They make them from ones you recycle in the store.) They don't have them for every brand, but they do for a lot of them

Also, take your old cartridges in to places and a lot of them will give you a free ream of paper for em.

Just some tips to try to help you save some moneys ;)

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm not in the market for a printer right now, but I considered getting that one off Woot anyway. I've heard Kodak is pretty good about ink prices. The only thing I'd worry about is how long Kodak intends to stay in the printer business.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Moddy, if wife wants pics developed (scrapbooking?) try using Kodak online. I talked my wife into it, and she will never go back to feeding paper into a printer again.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Which is why my main printer is a laser. Next printer's gonna be a color laser.

(Ink runs when it gets wet, too.)

Draft saved Draft deleted