1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's Top 10: Journey's Greatest Hits

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Jan 22, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They were about to hang it up due to poor album sales before Perry came along. And Cain came along after Infinity and Evolution.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

... which helps explain, at least in part, Perry's huge ego. He knows he was a huge reason behind their survival and eventual success.

Had a long-time college roommate and still friend who said Perry needed two seats on every plane: One for himself and another for his ego.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Okay, wikipedia is telling me that two of the original five members of Journey (Neal Schon and original keyboardist/singer Gregg Rolie) came out of Santana and two others came out of another SF band called Frumious Bandersnatch (from which also sprang several future members of the Steve Miller Band). The other guy had been the drummer for the Tubes, but he left and was replaced by Aynsley Dunbar before the first album was recorded. Their original musical direction was "jazz fusion."

And if you ask me, it was Cain's keyboard playing that really helped Journey take off.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

He's good. It's why I like "Ask The Lonely" more than some others. But he's no Tony Banks.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For how timeless their music seems, their videos sure are dated.

Ho lee sheeet

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

About as dated as this...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Sorry, but Cain didn't come into the band until Escape--after they had already had 3 platinum albums. he caught a ride on a rocket ship in motion.

Of the lists here, I'm probably most partial to dooley's. You can take off 5 and 6 from his and replace with "Anytime" which I could move to the 1 or 2 slot, and "Escape", which is a forgotten cut from that album, but a tremendous song in my view.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No more Journey psych-outs.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Journey is one of those band that I don't like but I can't help singing along to their songs.

They all sounds pretty much the same, though.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1. Journey sucks.
    2. The only acceptable Journey song is 'Loving, Touching, Squeezing' as coverd by the Well Known Butt Hounds on their seminal recording 'Quick, Get the Librium.'
    C. Journey sucks.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Journey good.

Beastly Boys bad.

;D

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

The greatest rock group of all-time (IMHO).

1. "Faithfully"
    2. "Send Her My Love"
    3. "Still They Ride"
    4. "Who's Crying Now"
    5. "Open Arms"
    6. "Separate Ways (Worlds Apart)"
    7. "After the Fall"
    8. "Lights"
    9. "Wheel in the Sky"
    10. "Don't Stop Believin'"

Draft saved Draft deleted