1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's the day ESPN self-pleasures itself

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 15, 2015.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm as big a sports guy as there is. I'm not paying it.

Click over for the local news and the end of the slurp-fest. I see lots of love out there on social media for Ronda Rousey and her "diss" of Floyd Mayweather ... yet silence for Hope Solo.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Fuck you. Stop using injured military members in your chase for moral superiority, you fucking pussycat.

JC, Inky_Wretch, YankeeFan and 3 others like this.
  3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

And "pussycat" is not the word I typed there. Fucking site covered up my use of the word cu nt.

franticscribe and spikechiquet like this.
  4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Who here knows the name of the amputee vet that was the subject of a meme regarding the announcement of Jenner winning the award a few months ago? Doubt many here or even 1 percent who posted that stupid meme could tell you the name, or gives a damn about him. I didn't recall his name and had to run an Internet search.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The NY Post and another site reported Jenner wouldn't face charges because there weren't extenuating circumstances such as alcohol or texting involved. Then the Mirror reported "a source" saying it could only be a misdemeanor which wouldn't be much of a charge since Jenner had a clean driving record and no criminal history.

6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

it would make a great court defense..."um, ya see judge, my name is caitlyn jenner. That was clearly bruce jenner. two different people."

7. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My kid tried to pick this out at the store the other day. I smacked it out of his hand and told him that only soldiers are brave.

[​IMG]

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why do toasters hate America?

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

At this point, I'm ready to give up on trying to "get" the "Caitlyn" Jenner thing.

I understand the idea that this person was born male, and that's this person's "sex." But this person's "gender," this person feels, is female.

Which largely means, I guess, wearing make-up and dresses and long hair.

What am I missing? More and more, I side with the feminists here.

I think this is an interesting challenge to societal expectations regarding gender. It certainly has made me think about things in new ways. But I'm very inclined to call "her" a "he," with no disrespect intended. Otherwise, I feel like I'm buying into this idea that men wear jeans, girls wear dresses and make-up, and that's determinative.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

What the hell do military members have to do with an award being giving out for sports? People who wrap themselves in the flag and the military are always the last bastion of idiocy.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Sounds like a routine from Blazing Saddles:

Why did you mention self-pleasuring twice?

Because I like self-pleasuring.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I dunno. It didn't work out so well the last time it was tried:

Draft saved Draft deleted