1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Today's bizarre football score

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Hell, I wouldn't know. I haven't seen one Houston snap this season.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Oh, snap!

(I never say that. Wanted to see how it felt.)

3. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I agree. Well done.

Not high school. Not peewee. But senior league. I m kind of proud of the fact that the team I am supporting has never chosen to follow the rule.

4. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Not a bizarre score but a bizarre stat. One of the league teams was trying to get senior tailback the school's single-season and career rushing records. Since they're not going to make the playoffs, he had to do it Friday night or else. They gave him the ball on 53 of 75 offensive plays. He gained 343 yards and scored six touchdowns. So not only did he get the single-season and career records, he also shattered the single-game record and has built a lead in the scoring race so big that even backs on teams that go deep into the playoffs may not have a shot at catching him. He would be the first player from his school to ever lead the league in scoring --- in the school's final season the league (26 TDs, 7 2-point conversions for 170 points).

Draft saved Draft deleted