1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TODAY WE CELEBRATE OUR INDEPENDENCE DAY (SEQUELS)!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 28, 2011.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"Put the bunny back in the box."

Yeah, Cage's accent was awful and it was full of completely ridiculous stunts, but it was pretty fun. However, it didn't come close to Cage's summer blockbuster the year before, "The Rock." Now THAT was a fun action movie. And screw anyone who hates Michael Bay, because that movie was fantastic summer fare.

2. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Bite your tongue! I have lost many a valuable brain cell watching Con Air repeatedly through the years. It is brilliantly awful.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There's something to be said for mindless fun. Con Air and The Rock both definitely fall into that category and it's not a coincidence that the same actor stars in both films... :D

4. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Con Air is the greatest movie we as a people could ever hope to produce.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I think it was implied the dog was killed in the first "Vacation" movie when the Griswolds trekked across the country to go to Wally World and at one point left the dog tied to the car bumper.

6. "You have any idea what the penalty is for animal cruelty in this state?"
    "No, no I don't."
    "Well ... it's probably pretty stiff."

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Poor little guy. Probably kept up for a mile or so ...

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"DOG KILLER!!!"

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

In fairness, the dog peed on their sandwiches.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The theater I saw it in was packed and exploded with applause and cheers when Will Smith screamed "Elvis has left the building."

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not to thread-jack but I saw a funny interview with Tom Hanks on one of the late-night shows where he said he got thousands of hate mail letters after Turner and Hooch because the dog died in the end. He said he learned a lesson he would never forget in future movies: "Don't Kill the Dog."

12. I was in a theater watching "Mighty Ducks" and during the game at the end the crowd started chanting, "Quack! Quack!"
    Please note that passing along this humorous anecdote required the admission I saw Mighty Ducks in the theater.

Draft saved Draft deleted