1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To shampoo or not to shampoo

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by GBNF, Jan 28, 2009.

?

When getting a haircut, do you spring for the shampoo/head massage?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. I cut my own hair/someone at home cuts it

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Shampoo?

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

For me it is. An ex-roommate would spend upwards of $60 for a "haircut" (which I'd consider getting his hair done the way he described the process). Me? I go to a local barber shop where I pay $14. No shampoo/scalp massage. Ain't worth the money.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They don't charge extra for the shampoo where I go. Course at $50 or so a pop, it should be included.

3. Cousin Oliver

Cousin Oliver New Member

My haircut better have a "happy ending" for that price.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dude, my hair is way long. It probably takes $50 worth of shampoo and conditioner when I go to the salon.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

a) My human sexuality sciences professor actually had this on the final: Self-pleasure creates the most stimulating climaxes. So as The Granny said, that's up for debate.

b) If I'm going to be punched, it dang certain better be by someone else. If I give myself a shiner, I got more problems than the shiner.

c) I do my own hair because corner baldness is setting in (quite early). Only crew cuts don't look awkward, so I bought a $40 trimmer instead of $8 every few weeks.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

good point

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The barber shop does not offer shampoo.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

$15 including tip. I've known the barber for a few years and he presents me with all sorts of great gossip.

Before that I went to a fancy hair salon because someone I know had suggested it. The woman who cut my hair was great fun to talk to and pretty hot. She also gave good back rubs and scalp massages. When I first started going to her services cost $15. By the time I stopped going there she was up to $25 a cut - without tip.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Terrific. If I started trying to talk hockey, the place would drop silent.

Back on topic, I think someone rinsed my hair about a year ago because it was kinda long and she didn't want to wade through it without a little help.

Now, it's longer. HA!

Draft saved Draft deleted