1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To refill or not to refill ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jun 30, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I don't pay for them, and I wash them. I've had some of those for almost three years. It's tough for me to use silverware because of the taste (braces had something to do with it, I'm sure).

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah but you don't have to wash plastic.

Edit: Jesus Christ, Mikey washes plastic? Words escape me.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And the ketchup tastes so much better from the little packets than from the store-bought containers, too.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's definitely a lot more fun to spread. No farting noises, which can end friendships at a second's squirt.

BYH: What more do you want?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If you're cheap, then I'm cheap too, because I do the exact same thing. If I'm eating at Subway, I always top off the drink before going. Got to maximize what you pay for, which includes taking some extra napkins for the road, of course.

6. KP

KP Active Member

Mike, got any Arby's Sauce in there? Pass it along.

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for Shotglass to weigh in on this one.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

[​IMG]

I hope this suffices.

And, Oz: The way I figure, if I'm going to pay $8 for a sandwich, soda and chips that might not even fill me up, I want to save elsewhere, too. It makes me feel a little better about eating out at fast-food places.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oh, there's an art. I live in the South, where every place around the office gives Hunt's packets. Hunt's is SHIT ketchup.

So whenever I go to McDonald's or Chick-fil-A, I grab like 20 packets of Heinz and put it in my desk drawer.

I'm not eating that nasty-ass sweet Hunt's shit.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Are you holding those with your foot? Or do you have the world's shortest pinky?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm with you there. The Hunts ketchup tastes like its packed with formaldehyde.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never been asked if I have the world's shortest ... pinky. It's just how I was holding those packets -- at an angle -- to get most of them in the shot. My index finger, on top, is elevating the little guys, and the pinky is providing support below.

Draft saved Draft deleted