1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

To _____: a catharsis thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

To ______:

I've always been an id guy myself.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

To ___________:

We've had our differences. We don't see eye-to-eye on much, and I didn't appreciate what you had to say about me behind my back. But we've moved on, and we're cordial. And I'm glad for that.

However, if you do anything to hurt one of the kindest people I know, and you do it on purpose? You will have a REALLY long time before I let you forget it.

Sincerely,

IJAG

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I just want to point out, as the originator of the thread in question, it was in fact DESIGNED to be exactly what this is. It devolved.

Carry on.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Dear UT,

I think your thread lasted longer to its original intent than I expected it to. And I loved it in its original intent. I still pop over there to use it for that intent sometimes.

Thank you,

IJAG

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

To all,

That's all I was saying. And as I suspected, this thread has quickly morphed into the same type of thread -- one where some folks use it for catharsis, and others use it for random thoughts, etc.

No harm done. Just saying.

Your BFF,

Barsuk

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Well, it sure in the hell ain't designed for random thoughts. I didn't put a "Sincerely, dools" at the bottom of my thread-starter. But I know better than anyone that threads can go far afield, sometimes for good, sometimes for bad, mostly for indifferent. I know I can't control what course a thread takes, so, whatever.

Thanks to Kaylee, forever town, and IJAG for getting into the spirit of the thing. And to mystery meat for the Renfroation every thread needs.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Dear old boss,

You laughed when I told you I wanted to leave the business to pursue a career in Army aviation. You didn't think I could hack it. Now, I'm flying for Uncle Sugar ... and you're working for Gannett.

In honor or Bobby Fischer, checkmate, bitch.

May you rot and burn in hell,

t_b_f

8. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Scoreboard.

Draft saved Draft deleted