1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ: The height of irony

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Apr 4, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

OK, I've caught TMZ a few times the last few weeks at midnight. I'm too fuckin lazy to channel surf and it comes on in between Simpsons and Scrubs. I do in fact feel dirty, so lay off me.

It makes me laugh, though, because it's such an LCD show and they get off on capturing Z-list celebrities doing nothing at all. I mean, Lisa Rinna?

Anyway, TMZ is apparently pissed at Asston Kutcher b/c he's got a new Candid Camera-type show where he sets up fake captures of celebrities in compromising positions. Apparently he got Rinna and some studly fellow who isn't Harry Hamlin to kiss on a balcony. TMZ, predictably, was all over this a night or two ago.

Tonight, Rinna's big-ass lips and Hamlin admitted to TMZ cameras that the whole thing was rigged and laughed their asses off in the process. So the voiceover guy is killing Kutcher and says: "What if those schemes are so stupid that no one is going to buy what you're selling?"

Yet who breathlessly reported the Rinna-dude who wasn't her hubby liplock this week?

I can't help it, this shit amuses me.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I caught the show that Kutcher produces the other night. It was the prank with Paris Hilton and the old guy...I thought it was pretty funny. Hilton also appeared to be somewhat intelligent...bizarre.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

So wait ... Kutcher is now "Punk'n" the tabs? And they're pissed? Sorry, but I think that's great. Good for Ashton. It's better than Mel Gibson making a shitshow like "Papparazzi."

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry pern but I gotta disagree.

these clowns can avoid the paparrazi if they want. They can, you know, just not be attention whore idiots.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Some of them, yeah. Lisa Rinna (can't remember off the top of my head why she's famous in the first place) can just go to Safeway and go home and no one cares. But people like Britney and Angelina Jolie and the like literally can't go anywhere, ever, without these fucking losers in pursuit.

I haven't seen the show, but heard Kutcher interviewed and like the idea that he will point up how these idiots make absolutely no effort to determine whether what they're about to say is true. The downside is that the public lumps all "media" together.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love celebrity gossip. So fuck off, all of you!!!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It might be my favorite website...

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The gym I work out at is a small place and it only has one tv. Usually when I'm there the tv is tuned to Entertainment Tonight for some reason.

I can't hear it because I always have my IPod on, but it's right in front of the cardio machines so I can't help but look at it while I'm on the treadmill.

Based on what I've seen over the last few months, if American Idol and Dancing With the Stars went off the air ET would have nothing to talk about. I mean they have at least one story on both shows EVERY FUCKING NIGHT! Do people actually care that much about this shit? Are all of these shows as epically shitty at ET? I can actually hear my IQ dropping every time I look at the screen.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Here are my favorite celebrity gossip sites:

1. TMZ.com
    2. PerezHilton.com
    3. Ted Casablanca's gossip column (so catty!)
    4. anything on eonline.com

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Here's how I unwillingly have to deal with this kind of "news" and TV programming. Channel 3, which is what my DVD player and PlayStation both operate off of, is the TV Guide Channel, and they do non-stop IDOL talk, as well as Dancing with the Stars talk. Good gawd, please shoot me.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read TMZ several times a day.

12. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I love that shit, but only when it's presented in a snarky manner, like What Would Tyler Durden Do.com,

I despise Perez Hilton though...

Draft saved Draft deleted