1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ Sports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 22, 2009.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I would agree that the Tiger Woods story is a once in a lifetime thing - that's what they said about OJ - and it spawned Nancy Grace, Greta et al pumping up "crime of the century/Jane Doe is Missing" stories every week. Blonde female victims make great TV.
    So maybe Tiger won't be caught cheating every week - I imagine TMZ will make do with some other golfer who has won a few majors, or just one, or just a couple PGA events, or maybe someone who played with Tiger in a tourney.
    Or an athlete from another sport who is equally promiscuous or even more so than Tiger.
    My biggest surprise about TMZ is that they've never outed a celebrity. You figure at least a couple of times they would have caught a celebrity with their guard down.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

not starting until after the 1st of the year

3. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I will presume it succeeds, as so many of you business geniuses insist it won't.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I wonder if JMZ Sports will be as unfunny a bit on Leno's show as JMZ is.

5. dooley_womack1

I hang my head in shame.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Provably, demonstrably in shame?

7. dooley_womack1

I don't even feel like pulling any chicks in any age range because of it.

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Who outed Meredith Baxter then?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I believe Meredith Baxter did.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

My biggest problem with this is the same I have with TMZ's so-called news. It's not news ... gossip, sex and tittiliation, yes, but not news. And aside from making money (the biggest thing, of course), I don't know what they're trying to accomplish.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't check the site but I have stumbled across it on TV a few times - I keep waiting for the "news" - but all I've seen is "Joe Celebrity" was at the airport wearing some funky hat; or Reporter: We saw Actress Doe coming out of a Chinese restaurant. Host: Who is Actress Doe? Reporter: She was on The Real World - Anytown, she used to date Joe Blow...Host: Who is Joe Blow? Reporter: He used to date the sister of TV actress. Host: "Oh, what ever happened to her career?"

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Who says they have any aspirations beyond just making money?

Draft saved Draft deleted