1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TMZ: Gene Hackman struck by car, airlifted to hospital (EDIT: He's OK)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

http://www.tmz.com/2012/01/13/gene-hackman-hospitalized-car-florida/#.TxCzwkp9sSU

He's listed in stable condition according to the report, but he's also 81. Damn. Hope he pulls through.

One of my all-time favorites.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Re: TMZ: Gene Hackman struck by car, airlifted to hospital with head injuries

From the same page

update

2:40 PM PST -- Hackman's rep tells TMZ the actor has been released from the hospital and insists he is "fine."

The rep says Gene "suffered bumps and bruises after a woman bumped him from behind in her vehicle."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: TMZ: Gene Hackman struck by car, airlifted to hospital with head injuries

Are you saying TMZ exaggerated something? GASP.

I like Hackman too, and the grace with which he retired. Of course his last flick was a wretched Ray Romano vehicle, but still.

4. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Now that we know he's OK, I can say the first thing I thought...

If he would have died, would his tombstone have read this?

"Died Tragically Rescuing His Family from the Wreckage of a Destroyed Sinking Battleship"

Draft saved Draft deleted