1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TIVO with DirecTV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Lester Bangs, Nov 6, 2006.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

OTD, I'm pretty sure he was talking about live television. Pausing live TV on Tivo only holds 30 minutes of programming.

2. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Ah. Never mind. [/emilylittella]

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I have an original Tivo, DTV HD TIVO and a comcast DVR and the DirecTV box sucks compared to the other two. Slower guide and slower changing of channels.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God, then I feel for the DirecTV people. Because it drives me insane, the 2-second wait to change channels with my Tivo.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Drives me nuts and if I am on the phone with someone during a game, I have to tell them to shut up so they don't reveal the play.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

What good does it do? If you're changing channels, you can't rewind anyway.

That's my only pet peeve with my Tivo is the wait after I change channels. It takes FOREVER to get the picture to change, and longer for the bubble up top to change the number.

7. We just moved into a house that was prewired for DirecTV but not TiVo. We added a second line in one room, but the other would have necessitated drilling through brick. Technician said we could go with a splitter where the cable enters the room. Hasn't been installed yet. But I'll let you know when it is. Sounds like a pretty easy solution.

Draft saved Draft deleted