1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tips or advice on Seattle area journalism jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by alexjmoretto, Sep 3, 2013.

1. alexjmoretto

alexjmoretto New Member

Hey all, frequent visitor of this forum, first time poster.

I graduated in April with my journalism degree and have been working an internship for the past 5-6 months in addition to continuing my job covering the local MLS franchise here in Toronto.

For personal reasons, however, I am planning a move to Seattle as soon as possible really. My internship has the potential for future employment and thankfully it is all done online which will make my move a smooth transition. However, my current employers require that I remain in Toronto which means I will be leaving my post and in search of a new job asap, in Seattle or the surrounding area.

Being a recent graduate with a limited amount of experience, this is a tall order. If anyone would be able to offer advice, happen to know of any openings, or would be able to put me into contact with someone who would be willing to help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. It is an expensive transition moving into my own place in a foreign city, so I would be hoping to secure a job in the near future (much easier said than done, I know). Perhaps it is somewhat of a pipe dream, but I would appreciate any help I could get from the kind folks on this forum.

Alex

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

mediabistro.com. You can set up a job search for specific cities and specific fields and have them emailed to you daily. Free to register. Do it.

3. Mediabistro, plus get in line with the many others with limited experience and networking opportunities. Maybe YF can give a lesson on how to make and serve a great cup of espresso.

Draft saved Draft deleted