1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tina Fey hosting SNL tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Feb 23, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think the writers will be making any money on downloads from this episode.
    I think the show was better when everyone was doing drugs. I found the opening sketch especially off-putting because a) it drove a joke into the ground b) its MSNBC that has been particulary accused of being anti-Hillary, yet they set the sketch at the CNN debate. And if you're going to do a "planted" question joke wouldn't it have been funnier and more apt if it was Bill Clinton asking the question of Hillary, given HRC's planted question controversies?

2. So they just stop thinking of creative stuff while on strike?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I think most of them stopped thinking of creative stuff after they got the job at Saturday Night Live.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sadly, I think that's accurate.

5. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Don't they always have a week to put the show together?

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Aye

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Yes, but someone implied that they've had since the writers' strike began to put the show together.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I didn'tthink the show was that bad.

I liked the PMS commercial, and the Obama/Cinton thing to start the show was decent.

The wedding toast was good.

Celebrity Apprentice was funny.

I thought it was decent, but not great.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Meh. It was OK. About par for what passes for SNL these days.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Posts like this are why I'm convinced a collective of SJers could write a funnier show. Having Bill ask the question would have been much, much funnier. Plus, it would have been a nod to how he's played a major role in the campaign.

11. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Tina Fey was good as Juno. http://jenncho.imeem.com/video/M7ahua-e/milkshakes_tv_video/

12. Look. Down there. WAAYYYYYY down there.
    Looks like a shark.

Draft saved Draft deleted