1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Times-Union reporter arrested for 911 misuse

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Oh, so you were there? Share more please.

2. SellOut

SellOut Member

Via Deadspin, cops have decided NOT to press charges AND apologize. Score one for the good guys.

3. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I have no issue with the paper running the story (and the follow-up on the charges dropped, which they are also running) as it is policy and they would do it with any employee. My biggest problem is allowing readers to comment on these stories as the commentors are often so stupid. Some accused the reporter who wrote the story of "reporter envy" or trying to take down a colleague. It's mind-boggling how dumb some people are.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's the world we live in.

5. http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-03-26/story/jacksonville-beach-chief-said-officer-was-wrong-arrest-tu

Yeah ... sorry about all that.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Paper I used to work at had a policy that if you got arrested for DUI, we ran a story.

And you had to write it.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are a few pretty prominent columnists who have written columns about being cited for DUI or DWI.

Draft saved Draft deleted