1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Timely, who cares?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Colton, Dec 5, 2007.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Well, which ones?
    And, while you're at it, if you could give me a jump on next year...

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That really makes it worth your while.

Like Ace said, just do the shit out of it. Write about past trips to big bowl games for the Luckeyes, stuff on LSU.

Maybe even stuff on people who have gone to every OSU bowl game since the beginning of time or whatever.

And, since no one is going to read it, throw in big pictures and grpahics. Good luck.

3. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Four timeless feature ideas for this...

1. All you ever wanted to know about sweatervests but were too afraid to ask.

2. "Why The Ohio State University transcends sports and is the best thing that has ever happened in the universe," by TheSportsPredictor.

3. "Columbus: Where the sun never shines seven months per year, like England," by EveryoneWhoLivesOutsideOfOhio.

4. "Why Columbus doesn't need sunshine to be the best place ever," by TSP.

4. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Reminds me of a call we got in December at one of my former papers. Lady is trying to plan a Super Bowl party, and wants to know who is going to be in the game, so she can order napkins with each team's logo.

When we explain to her that we won't know the names of the two teams until two Sundays before, she gets pissed. "I have to order these now, or they won't come in."

She asked for the number of the NFL, so she could call and complain. So we gave it to her. I always wondered how that conversation went.

And, by the way, I am neither making up nor embellishing any of this story.

5. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Well, he's kind of vague about the situation, but I took it that Ohio State making the game is the reason he's got the section. If he's in Buckeye Nation (couldn't resist), people would probably like to read it. But maybe I'm a damn optimist.

Draft saved Draft deleted