1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Songbird, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Those 12 or 13 seconds you're at a red light awaiting the walk sign to change and the light to go green, but nobody's walking. You sit there and start to understand time and the seconds we'll never get back.

You?

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Prayer.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Most of the threads here.

4. Songbird

They were necking on the platform at Elizabeth.

5. Songbird

When your train is supposed to get in at 11:16, but arrives at 11:18, and your next train leaves at 11:20, and you've got 25 seconds to get to that gate, and you make it, and beg the dude not to switch the escalator from down to up, but he does and tells you it's up to you if you want to scurry down the rising steps, and you do, but when you get down there the train's doors are closed, except for one so you make a mad dash for it, and the conductor sees your desperation and is kind enough to wave you in, and you hop aboard and you fucking made it, and you're elated, because no matter how good the matzo balls and latkes are at Ben's on 38th, the last thing you want to do today is trudge over there and order that shit while trying to kill 3 hours of time awaiting the next train out of Gotham.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I get alerts on my phone from Google Maps. It's always great to see the one that says, "In current traffic, it would take you 1 hour, 44 minutes to get to work," which is 15 miles away.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought Morris Day and The Time were better than Prince and The Revolution in Purple Rain and had 100 times more charisma.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I'm just ticking away the moments that make up a dull day.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Why you punish me?

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

keeps on slippin', slippin', slippin' into the future

11. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I've got too much on my hands

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

is flowing like a river