1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to get rid of Joe Buck?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

"A" fact wrong?

Wrong.

Young Buck is a child's garden of superficial misinformation.

2. He also tap-danced around the Ozzie mess like Gene Kelly in On The Town yesterday.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Fenian, to paraphrase Clark Griswold from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, in describing Buck skirting the Ozzie flap:  "...not since Bing Crosby tap-danced with Danny fucking Kaye!"

Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Joe got into the business because of Jack, then what does that say about the other kids in the Buck family who are also in radio and/or tv, like one of the daughters (Carol or Cindy I can't recall) who is on one of the FM stations in STL? 

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Yeah, saying Buck doesn't suck and that Jeremy Schaap did an interesting interview is a prime example of troll-like behavior. ::)

Again: You suck, spnited. You suck.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Joe Buck is second only to Al Michaels. Period.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hey, different strokes . . . but too often, Joe B displays the worst kind of electronic glibness/superficiality . . .

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

YEAH! FUCK VIN SCULLY!

::)

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

TV, dude.

10. Cameron Frye

Cameron Frye Member

[​IMG]

looks like he's on TV

11. boots

boots New Member

Vin is old time and a pro's pro. Neither Buck could carry his clipboard.
    JOE MUST GO!

12. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

When young Buck first went national, I was OK with him. Yeah, we all knew why he was on the fast track so quickly, but he had a personality and he seemed to convey the idea that he knew he had a great gig. Now, as many posters have indicated, that attitude seems to have turned smug and smarmy and I'm-better-than-you in a big hurry.

What really turned me off [and it turned me off the minute I heard it that night] was when Buck went all sanctimonious when Randy Moss did his infamous fake moon in the Packer end zone. And I thought, 'dude, the network you're on came up with Joe Millionaire and My Big, Fat, Obnoxious (Fill in the Blank). And, you as an emissary of said network, are going to tell someone else what's proper and what's not. Sheeeit, no.'

As for some of the other Lucky Sperm Clubbers [Broadcasting Division], don't know enought about Marty Brennaman's work to compare the two; realize Skip Caray is a homer and is awful, but he used to crack me up because at least his shtick was a little different than his dad's; and Kenny Albert is bland as can be and hard to listen to.

Put it this way--As Rich Eisen proved when he used to be on ESPN, you can do an impression of Skip without necessarily doing one of Harry. Just try to do a vocal impression of Kenny without channeling Marv. Not happening.

Draft saved Draft deleted