1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to get rid of Joe Buck?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by spnited, Jun 24, 2006.

1. If nobody was looking - I would kick Joe Buck in the nuts for being such a jackhole.

If people were looking - then I would point to the side and shout "What the hell is that?" and then I'd kick Joe Buck in the nuts.

I would only do that because Jesus is counting on me to do the right thing

2. patchs

patchs Active Member

I guy I went to HS with is twice as good as those guys but since he has the wrong name (not Buck, Caray, Albert, etc.) he's stuck doing Triple A games and low-level D1 football and hoops.
    His problem is he does quality straight p-b-p, doesn't shout, or use catch phrases.
    In other words, he's not trying to get on ESPN.

3. DyePack

DyePack New Member

This thread is BS. Joe Buck overcomes the McCarver dead weight and still does more than an adequate job.

Jeremy Schaap has become more annoying, but I just reread the transcript of the Knight interview. That was some good stuff.

Oh, and you suck, spnited. You suck.

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Skip must have been in the booth (or listening at home) the night pop Harry, who had a feud with Ken Boyer, said with two out in the ninth of a Cardinals loss, "Now here's Boyer, and we'll be back with the wrapup in a minute."
    Never called the play. Went straight to commercial.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Joe Buck is way too impressed with Joe Buck.

6. Pocket Aces

Pocket Aces Guest

I agree with doing your homework, and I have no problem with TV guys calling me, a beat writer, and asking questions.

Back when I covered college football, color guys would call often asking about my team, which quite frankly, wasn't too well known on a national scale. I had no problem assisting them at all. It beats me reading message board posts about their incompetence, which, in turn, becomes an "all media suck" thread.

7. boots

boots New Member

All media doesn't suck. Joe Buck does. boots is officially leading the charge of "JOE MUST GO!"

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Is it just me or does anyone else look at Jeremy Schaap and suddenly know what Moe Szyslak would have looked like in his 30s...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. boots

boots New Member

It's just you.

10. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

Joe Buck is one of the top play by play guys around. His voice, to me, indicates an important event and reminds me of October baseball.

It doesn't surprise me though about the amount of people on this board who would just jump on someone and start ripping. Thank God none of us ever got a fact wrong... ::)

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

[​IMG]

12. boots

boots New Member

Well Jeff, I'm glad you feel that way. When I know that he's on the air, i know it's not going to be a fun three hours.
    He is not his daddy. He never was. I'm sorry but he just doesn't cut it with me or many other people.
    JOE MUST GO!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted