1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time to buy land in western Nevada ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by D.Sanchez, Jun 21, 2006.

1. D.Sanchez

D.Sanchez Member

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

yeah, that's not good. scientists have known about 'the big one' for years. it's inevitable, although who knows if it'll kill 10 people and knock down a couple buildings or cause massive death and destruction.

3. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

"A sudden lateral movement of 7 to 10 meters would be among the largest ever recorded."

I'd guess the latter.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

All is proceeding as I have foreseen. Unless some clown in a blue leotard ruins my plans again.

5. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

Yes, the Big One is coming. It's been instilled in me and other Californiaians since we were born.

And a big quake on the San Andreas Fault on the southern end is way overdue. There will be damage, but obviously, having the movement in the Imperial Valley than over Cajon Pass or the Antelope Valley (hi birdscribe) would make a LOT of difference.

6. Mutah

Mutah Member

No worries, all. I'm sure FEMA is up to the task. ::)

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Otisburgh? Otisburgh?

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hey, I hear the Otisburg Daily Horn-Honker is looking for a sports editor. ;)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Strangely enough, my favorite lin in the whole movie

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

"It's a little, bitty place Mr. Luthor."

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Now we know why Los Angeles has been shuffling its feet on getting an NFL team.

If it were up to me, Los Angeles would fall into the ocean while the Yankees were in Anaheim, the Lakers and Dodgers were playing at home and World Wrestling Entertainment was having a live RAW show in Burbank.

Hey, I can dream, can't I?

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Tootie from Facts of Life went to Burbank Burroughs High.

Draft saved Draft deleted