1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time To Ban Women's Cargo Pants

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When items of fashiion hit critical mass it's time to pull the plug.

Womens cargo pants are the lastest example. Fine on an 18 year old but not for most women 45 .

Its a look that draws way to much attention to an area that most should not dare to want folks to look at.

End of rant.

PS 21 looks great in cargo pants.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Hmm. Did you actually see someone wearing cargo pants?

Really, unless someone is a professional photographer required to carry a lot of film, there is no excuse for cargo pants.

3. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I don't carry film in them, but the only time I wear cargo pants is when I'm shooting. They're dead useful.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

on behalf of many of my female friends in the 40-50 range, i must say they could pull off looking great in cargo pants. 40-50 is DEFINITELY the new 30-40. 8) 8) 8)

5. Boom_70

[​IMG]

Perhaps a visual might convince - Ultra low rise cargo's should be banned if you weigh over 140.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Nuh uh.

I can not think of an instance of a woman wearing cargo pants, in which I thought "That's hot!"

Capri pants can be really hot, though. Watch some old Mary Tyler Moore (Dick Van Dyke Show), and tell me the capri pants made her look stupid.

8. Boom_70

But if your ankles are bigger than Gilbert Brown's that's probably an indication that you should not wear them.

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I saw two guys last summer at a hydroplane race (on separate days) wearing capri pants.

Just awful.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

can't this thread be condensed into the on-going "fashion tips" thread?

This board is sinking into anarchy, I tell you. Anarchy!

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I am very much against the man-capris. Just don't do it.

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Kevin Federline loves his manpris. And cargo pants. Sometimes he combines them!

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted