1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Man of the Year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Dec 14, 2006.

1. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

"PopeDirkBenedict... has asked me to tell you, in a very long speech which I cannot share with you presently—because of time—but I will be glad to share with the press afterward, that he must... very regretfully cannot accept this very generous award. And the reason for this being... are the treatment of American Indians today by the film industry… excuse me… and on television in movie re-runs, and also the recent happenings at Wounded Knee. I beg at this time that I have not intruded upon this evening and that we will, in the future…our hearts and our understanding will meet with love and generosity. Thank you on behalf of PopeDirkBenedict."

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

That is what they're doing.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was totally fucking kidding. :eek:

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I never won ANYTHING before.

Gosh...

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is great for me, but now that I'm Time's Person of the Year (which should make me reasonably well known) I have to ask this ...

If I wake up in a Soho doorway, will a policeman know my name? Or will he just ask, "Well, who are you? Who? Who? Who? Who? Cause I really want to know."

I just get the feeling that the bugger still won't have heard of me in spite of my newly-exalted status as Time's Person of the Year.

7. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

100 bucks to whoever puts this on their resume.

8. I'm not worthy.
    Give it to Bubbler.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

If you read the article, the choice actually makes some sense.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Do we all get a participation trophy and a Coke?

11. MCEchan36

MCEchan36 Guest

I'd go with Chavez. He's a serious instigator, there are rumblings he may shut down Venezuela like Castro did with Cuba to outsiders and he's fucked around with gas prices by cutting us off. This guy's a few sangrias away from doing something that could really be a pain in everyone's ass.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted