1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time Magazine's Top 10 Rock and Roll Hall of Sham Snubs

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 4, 2009.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I thought Joan Jett = Peter Brady.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Had the four members of Cheap Trick died in a 1981 pick-throwing accident, they'd still have my vote.

The band's first four albums (plus Budokan) are that good.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Don't really know about HOF, but glad that Chicago (my all-time favorite), Boston and Doobies are getting some run here. Chicago certainly gets points for longevity.
    It is a freaking tragedy what legal hassles did to Boston (I just spent some time reminiscing with some Boston Youtubes). I know that Grand Funk Railroad also had a lot of legal troubles with their record label.
    I wonder how many awesome musical talents have been derailed by music producers who are, you know, supposed to ... produce music.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

5. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Nope. They're not in.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And why the hell would they be?

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

RUSH

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Awesome.

By the way, I come to SJ for the strudel. It's great.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Not so much that they should be in, Dools, just thought maybe the reason Joan wasn't in solo was because she was in with the Runaways.

10. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

No Journey?

And Rush should have been No. 1.

Fuck Time.

11. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I like Joan Jett but most of her hits were covers or not written by her at all. She could have been one of all-time best rock 'n' rollers, but was too aloof, too lazy and a little too strange to pull it off.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

You fucker, I LOVE the "Ooh Ooh Song". I really do. Rocks like a fucker.

Anyway, a big no to Benatar (and Joan Jett) for the HOF. I saw her live after her first album and she was awful, one of the worst major acts I have ever seen. Good pipes - and pretty hot back in the day - but she doesn't have anywhere near the body of work of Chrissie Hynde (greatest rock chick ever).

For the rest of the list, I'll go KISS, Doobies, Rush, Genesis and Cheap Trick.

As for who should be in, Mr. Friend O' nailed it with Warren Zevon and Little Feat. I'll add Alice Cooper. If KISS ever gets in, the Coop needs to be in too.

Draft saved Draft deleted