1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TIME for Impeachment?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Except that a federal judge said that what Clinton did wasn't perjury, and he was acquitted of it by the US Senate.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

But I still want W under oath.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

This man wants a word with Alma...

[​IMG]

4. Was Monica Lewinsky a teen when that stuff happened?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But back to the point, is this a good idea or just an interesting talking point?

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Understood. I'm just bringing up the point that the issue at hand was a little more weighty than "blowjob in the Oral Office".

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

And this poor man just wants a do-over.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 22.
    And you can look up how many times Hannity et.al. talked about the "21-year old intern" just because it sounded better.

9. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Incorrect. He was impeached for lying to the grand jury about said blowjob. It's not wise to lie to a grand jury about what you had for breakfast that morning, much less a sexual encounter you have with an intern in the Oval Office. And the GOP was looking for any excuse to make fools of themselves.

And . . . . I might prefer that the place where the decisions are made for this country, a room whose denizens my taxes support, the seat of our executive branch . . . wasn't used to gain oral sex from an intern.

Impeachable? Not really. An incredible disrespect for each of the men who held the office before him, and after? Absolutely.

And I would hope Alma meant "Andrew JOHNson." Everything else in Alma's post, I agree with.

10. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

I might prefer that the place where the decisions are made (about matters as serious as war and who really attacked us on 9/11) for this country is never again inhabited by crass, cynical, hypocritical, warchicken idealogues like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld and Henry Kissinger (adjunct) again.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Fair enough. But there's a time and a place for everything.

Decisions that affect the country, whether wrong or right (and whether or not you agree with them): The Oval Office.

Oral sex, either from one's wife or an intern: seedy motel on the east side.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Blowjobs didn't kill thousands in a stupid war.

Draft saved Draft deleted