1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Time certainly does fly

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Jun 12, 2007.

1. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Size 12 bloody footprint. That's all I'm saying.

2. boots

boots New Member

The Juice is still on the loose.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just unbelievable how the presentation of the evidence was so bungled. You don't have a witness try something on unless you already know the answer. (I'm a trial lawyer.) I believe the DA's office tried to play up the case to the media (as did Judge Ito) rather than just making it a ho hum boring murder trial.

However, the worst decision by Garcetti was trying the case downtown. He had the choice of charging OJ in Brentwood, where the murders occurred and where he chose to live, amongst the well to do, there was no need to worry about rioting if he was convicted there because you could always say, he chose to live there and make his brethren realize he turned his back on the black community long ago.

Sad, just sad how he was found innocent and made a martyr for people he abandoned long ago.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I started a thread on Journalism Topics only on comments Simpson made about celebrity reporting these days on a story that Editor and Publisher had on its web site on Monday.

Here's the thread. The link to the story is there, too.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42879/

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I had just finished 4th, but I'll never forget my grandma being glued to the TV every single fucking day during the trial.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

With that jury, not even 13 years of DNA innovations would have made a difference.

Fact: If a DNA sample somehow gets contaminated, what you get is . . . mud.

What the defense convinced the jury of: If a DNA sample of Joe Murderer gets contaminated, it somehow can turn into . . . O.J. Simpson's sample.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It wasn't close then.

There could have been video of OJ committing the murders. That would have forced the jury to stay out an extra 5 minutes before declaring him "not guilty."

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Should have brought Vincent B out of retirement to try that case.

He would have got a slam-dunk conviction.

Draft saved Draft deleted