1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Jul 23, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If that's true, I actually really respect him for that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Only because he hasn't met Tyler Hansbrough yet.

3. Sneed

Sneed Guest

I think it's important to remember here that Tebow's not the one saying he's perfect or holy or righteous or anything like that. It's all how he's portrayed by the media. Sure, he's a Christian and a pretty cool dude. How many of us work with disadvantaged kids and all that? What's wrong with the media portraying that? What's wrong with people wanting to profile someone with a positive record?

And what's wrong with a Christian jawing at someone on the football field? I don't know where the idea came from that Christians are supposed to be calm, quiet, noncompetitive people with no fire when it comes to competition. It's like it's okay for them to scream in a pulpit but not on a football field.

Look, we've all done interviews and features and profiles, and we never include every single thing we've learned in our interviews. We pick an angle and roll with it. For some reason, everyone's angle on Tebow is virtually the same: super awesome Christian guy who preaches in prisons and performs surgery on kids in Third World countries.

If Tebow is a real Christian, he more than anyone else knows how imperfect he really is. He's just living his life the way he wants. The rest--how we portray him--is pretty much out of his hands.

4. imjustagirl

Which is the point I tried to make earlier, only made much better than I could have. Thank you.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup. Great post. Dan Wetzel wrote a column on Tebow and his virginity today on Yahoo! Great column. Personally, I can't think of a bad thing to say about Tebow. The media? Sure. Tebow himself? Seems like a damn good guy.

Gotta love SEC Media Days. Or hate them. Whatever.

6. imjustagirl

Oh, I still dislike Tebow. And I'm still really sick of hearing about him. But I'm not sure it's his fault.

7. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I have to admit I have Tebow-fatigue.

He does seem like a solid kid, but sometimes I do think he starts to believe his own hype. He made some comment last year about being a good role model (which is great), but followed it saying how rare that is in sports and how few athletes want to take on that role. Maybe it's not his fault he thinks that because the sports media does love to promote his "greatness" more than any other athlete's, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Most, if not all of us, are suffering from Tebow fatigue. And I'll bet Tebow is pretty sick of it, too. Only he's too decent a guy - no religious reference here, folks - to lash out at the media over it.

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Someone hurry up and post the picture of him with the girl and the huge tits, and put this thing out of its misery.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Google that term and tell me if you don't start laughing at the third photo in the top row...

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Holy shit.

"Yes, Samantha does have some huge, fat tits."

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The first picture actually made me laugh a little more. I think she's going to need a couple hours before she can pull herself out of that chair.

Draft saved Draft deleted