1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Tebow vs. Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jan 9, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So, who do you think I'm describing when I name off these accomplishments?
    • He has healed the sick
    • He has traveled both far and wide spreading His word
    • Children in foreign lands are named after Him
    • His simple words and small motions seem to excite the masses

These are things said by the Fox announcers and I got confused as to whether they were talking about an average quarterback on a college football team or Jesus Christ.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm with you man... I hope Tebow goes pro and makes Danny Wuerffel and Rex Grossman look like Joe Montana and John Elway by comparison to their pro careers.

I don't ever want to see this guy again. I'm so sick of him and the way broadcasters fawn all over him.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I hate the way broadcasters fawn all over the guy too. But I still like him and I'm hoping he does way better in the NFL than anyone expects. It's not Tebow's fault Thom Brennaman wants to sit in Tebow's lap.

4. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Tim Tebow will smote you.

BTW, if you wonder what the Bible verse on Tebow's black eye patches refer to, I looked it up: "Utah's schedule sucketh, so sayeth He"

5. JayFarrar

I slept through much of the game, but did I really hear Thom compare Tebow to Lincoln and JFK?
    I was pretty drowsy, so I might have misheard it.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

The most ridiculous over the top line was after he got that 15-yard unsportsmanlike penalty -- the one idiot said "that's probably the first thing he's ever done wrong in his life..."

That's when the cheese-flavored combos and pepsi almost came back up out of my stomach......

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Aren't they the same?

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Early on Tebow ran for six or seven yards through a gaping hole. Brennaman credited Tebow with "a tremendous show of strength and determination."

That, and no tackler within the sound of a church bell.

9. JayFarrar

The verse actually says: "For Bob Tebow so loved the world that he gave Me, his last of five children and that whomever believes in me shall have a fraudulent national championship that will not perish but have eternal life because the BCS says so."
    — King Gator Version

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Jesus never threw a jump pass.

11. All Jesus ever did was get nailed to a cross, die for some sins and rise from the dead.
    How many National Championships or Heismans did he ever win?
    Tim Tebow just stiffed-armed Satan! Who, btw, was wearing a Utah jersey!

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

what about when the talking head said this:

"if you're lucky enough to spend 5 minutes around tebow, your life is much better because of it." (or something very close)

and also calling him the greatest football leader ever.

i was about to puke and those talking heads should never be allowed to cove a game again.

Draft saved Draft deleted