1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tim Duncan Thuggery...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Tim Duncan Releases Decade Worth Of Pent-Up Emotion After Spurs Preseason Loss

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54212

;D

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The funniest part is the reference to the 1992 LeSabre.

3. Classic.
    I hope Duncan's cool enough to laugh at it.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, what a shameful course of behavior. :D

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Oh, no. Wake up the sleeping giant and this is what you get ... :D

6. Editude

Editude Active Member

Good stuff, although this will be the fourth season since the Spurs left the Alamodome.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

My favorite ...

Duncan's mid-'90s four-door sedan was found in the parking lot of his nondescript apartment building Sunday morning, having impacted a tree at what insurance company investigators say was an "extremely low" rate of speed, inflicting almost $140 worth of damage to the car during what they say seems to be an abortive attempt to park while slightly jittery from an excess of mild sugar stimulants.

"I do not wish to discuss that at this time," Duncan said. "I'm just glad no one was hurt while I was experimenting with Coke, or Pepsi, or root beer, or whatever it was. I just remember going into my apartment, turning on the television, unblocking Showtime, and calling up a few girls from church to say 'hello' and 'how are you doing.' Frankly I'm mortified, and in light of my actions, I wouldn't blame them for being cross with me in return. I was brought up to respect women, not to place telephone calls to them at what might possibly be well past their bedtimes."

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Follow Up to This Story: Duncan gets a rare tech tonight!

9. Editude

Editude Active Member

Despite another good start, the Spurs' window is starting to close. Bowen is done, and the bench is ancient.

10. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

They can always find another defender. And it's not that hard to put a couple of decent guys on the bench. As long as they have Duncan, Parker and Ginobili, they'll be in the mix.

11. Major Batman

Major Batman Member

At least he didn't go all "Wayne Brady" on the city.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

The Spurs have already been through the window, no?

Draft saved Draft deleted