1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Til dumb do us part: WR Chris Chambers marries his stalker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Care Bear, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20100811_chris_chambers_gets_married_to_his_stalker

File this one in the “are you kidding me?” department.

According to reports surfacing all over the internet, Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Chris Chambers(notes) got married in late July to the same woman he claimed back in December was stalking and harassing his family.

Yes, you read that sentence right. Chambers accused a woman of stalking his family, got divorced from his wife and then promptly married his stalker.

Reality television, here they all come.

Stacey Bernice Saunders—who had been having an affair with the married Chambers—was hit with 11 misdemeanor accounts back in November for stalking and harassing the wide receiver and his family, per the San Diego Union-Tribune.

The drama between Chambers and Saunders is what many believe led to Chambers’ release from the San Diego Chargers last November. Chambers was later claimed off waivers by Kansas City, where he went on to catch 36 passes for 608 yards and four touchdowns in nine games.

If you and I have anything in common, you're having a tough time digesting this story. However, as you can see HERE, a Chris Chambers married a Stacey Saunders on July 24, 2010 in Las Vegas, according to Clark County, Nevada records.

This story is being reported all over the internet, but I believe it was first posted over at BSO.com.

How long until Disney makes a fairy tale movie out of this heart-warming love story?

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Keep your friends close, and your psycho hosebeast stalking Football Frannies closer.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this story gives hope to stalkers that if they really, really try, they can have their true love.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the real story is probably that he told his wife that she was stalking him, while they were actually having an affair.

So it's not like she was really stalking him.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Good point. Expect invitations to my Mormon October wedding featuring the male cast of True Blood.

6. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

My thin ray of hope!

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Brook Jacoby just punched a wall and doesn't know why.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Couture just renewed the restraining order, Meat. Sorry.

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

He's too old and he for me.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My best friend basically stalked his now wife when they were in college.

They've been married for about 15 years now & have three kids.

She actually told her roommate that if something happened to her, it was him.

In reality, he was just socially awkward. Very socially awkward. He still sort of is.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Is she Catholic? [/cross-threading]

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can't believe it took four posts for someone to realize that.

Draft saved Draft deleted