1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiki to Irvin: You're an idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You wrote that with a straight face,too.

Kudos.

Irvin should work for www.kowboysfanboylooooosar.com

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You sure know your guys well there.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Michael Irvin thinks NAFTA is a new hip hop group.

4. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Now in-line for most blown out of proportion story of the year ...

How is what Tiki has done any worse than the following:
    A) Brett Favre
    B) Roger Clemens
    C) Barry Sanders
    D) Any star athlete who announces (intentionally or not) his retirement plans during his final season?
    Shit at the very least he is giving his team a heads up that they may want to make plans for life without him next season. As long as he doesn't mail in the rest of the season I have no problem with what he has done. Sure it was a little under handed and fumbled in its delivery (bringing back memories of his early years), but at the very least his team knows where he stands.

And Irvin is a crack head piece of shit and should be kept out of the public eye.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IRVIN THINKS? Can you bury the lede in the lede?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Irvin needs to go back to the Best Damn Sports Show Period. I actually like the BSDP. You don't really watch BSDP for sports commentary, but it's still a fun show.

7. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

man! I wonder why ya'll really like beating up on Micheal.

Hate it or love it you are going to see his smiling face, or you can turn to Fox in Friends in the A.m. on sundays and enjoy Tiki.

Now that you have an option utilize it.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Maybe because he's a public embarassment. So are many white ESPNers.

Next question.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Unless you crave Minstrel Shows or get a pervesre thrill from watching the mentally challenged fail at a simple endeavour, like reading or speaking in complete grammatically correct sentences, I fail to see the social or commercial utility in Michael Irvin's existence on television, even cable.

Fox is an option to ESPN like sodomy is an option to rape.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Considering how many athletes (Kareem, Dr. J) had their retirement tours, what Tiki is doing is quite admirable -- at least we don't have to suffer seeing handouts of grandfather clocks, wooden rocking chairs or some other gaudy gift.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

And don't have to endure years of "Will Favre retire?" melodramas.

12. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I'm going to go against the ESPN, player-hating grain: I generally enjoy listening to Michael Irvin. He has a take, and it usually doesn't suck. Do I agree with him on Tiki? No. But that doesn't mean I'm relegating him to idiot status.

Draft saved Draft deleted