1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiki Barber -- Hall-of-Famer?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by tommyp, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Yup ... Marcus Allen is in, yet Art Monk is not. Amazing ... and I don't like the Redskins, so no fanboy conflict on this one.

2. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, I think that the NFL puts huge weight on its best performers in the postseason, and, more, the Super Bowl.

I mean, I detest that Jack Morris' postseason exploits have been shit on by the baseball HOF voters, but the NFL has way overcompensated and is a worse hall of fame.

Joe Namath in the Hall? Bob Griese? Troy Aikman? Lynn Swann? Allen?

Awful.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm surprised Timmy Smith isn't in.

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

The football HOF is a joke because is rarely recognizes defensive players. There are currently 157 HOFers that played offense, and only 57 that played defense. I understand guys that put up points stand out, and it's easier to compare players at the skill positions....but that doesn't explain how there is 30 offensive lineman in the HOF, but only 16 linebackers, and 16 Defensive backs?

How many times have you heard "defense wins championships"?

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I detest all Halls of Fame. They're Gentlemen's Clubs. All that's missing is the cognac and the sterling silver tankards.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

One of those names is not like the others[/SesameStreetreference]

Troy Aikman absolutely belongs in the Hall.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

His numbers, in this era, are just mediocre.

Draft saved Draft deleted