1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's not human

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Whatever Nike is paying him, folks, it is a bargain. The best Cablinasian I have ever seen.

RB

2. jps

jps Active Member

yup.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's not we didn't didn't expect him to win one after he came back. Especially this one. Owns the course.
    The second shot was worth every superlative you want to throw at it. After that, the putt was, if not an extra point, about a 35-yard field goal.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Dog bites man.

I would probably shit myself if he walked into my house. I know that is not professional on this board, but I am not in the profession any more.

I would worship at his damn church. Enjoy it boys and girls, because we get one of these fuckers every 20-30 years. The last one was Jordan.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

So why is it always, and I mean always, Tiger there when they fuck up?

Where was Els or Garcia or Duval or any other player on the tour?

6. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Retire? The beauty of golf is that just about the time when age starts to rob of him of his skills a little bit (and he's still a long way from that time), he turns 50 and - bingo! - there he is doing this same stuff on the Champions Tour.

Now, I'm not a big golf nut and I'm not especially a Tiger fan, but it's not ass-kissing to acknowledge and enjoy the feats of a once-in-a-generation talent. As stated above, the last one was Jordan in his prime.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Seconded.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

In the word of Eric Cartman, that post was "WEAK!"

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tiger's gift to his fellow pros is that he won't play in Champions Tour, period. Why bother? He'll have the majors record, he won't need the money. He'll keep hacking on the regular tour until he's 60. The guy is usually in a position to win. Somehow finds a way to fight through early rounds and get better on Saturday and Sunday. I've got to think a lot of PGA pros go out on Thursday, realize they don't have it for that week and go home without a fight. Tiger is fighting on every single shot.

10. That's part of the joy of watching Tiger.

You know he's going to hit the big shots, and you know the guy he's tracking is going to shit the bed.

Makes for great TV.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

it's only freakin' golf.

ho-effin'-hum.

is tiger the greatest golfer ever? little doubt.

the best "athlete" ever? hardly.

a tremendous competitor? true dat.

greatest ever? dunno. heard minneota fats was pretty good in his day, too.

there's a thread-jack that should keep us going for a while.... :D :D :D

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think Doug Ferguson got bit by a spider.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.