1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger's not human

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by buckweaver, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

He's just not. What a wizard.

You expect him to hit that approach and he does. You expect him to make that putt and he does.

You expect him to win the damn thing and he does.

Are you fucking kidding me?

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sean O'Hair isn't helping his own cause, either.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

He and Stevie still awkward for the celebration. You would think they would practice.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The greatest athlete of my lifetime. Yes, beyond Magic. And Elway (hi IJAG). And Gretzky. And Jordan.

That was some incredible stuff.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

So I take it he completed the come back then?

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Of all the crazy shit he does, the fact that he hasn't missed one putt to win a tournament... (at least to my recollection)... not a one... it defies explanation.

Was there any doubt that putt on 18 wasn't going to roll in? Nope.

7. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Drained a birdie putt on 18 to win by one. This one was below the hole.. not the downhill twister he had last year at Bay Hill.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jeebus.

How are you going to get anyone to watch golf when this guy retires?

9. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Amazing shot he just hit there, too. The guy is just incredible.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Effin stud. Never been a big golf guy, but seeing that guy go toe to toe with anyone down the stretch never fails to be compelling. Hell of a birdie putt. How many tourneys has he won tied or trailing going into 18? The guy is amazing. It's like watching the Harlem Globetrotters going against the Washington Generals, but actually thinking there is a chance the Generals might win once in a while.

11. pallister

pallister Guest

I still have trouble comparing his "athletic" feats to those you mentioned. I would say greatest competitor, along the lines of a Jordan, would be more like it. He does live up to the hype more than any sports figure I've ever watched.

12. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

There are things that bug me about the guy, most notably his snapping on anyone within range with a camera (everyone else has to put up with it, so rarely do I see anyone else snap like him), but I could watch him play golf all day. You know he is going to show you something amazing just about every time out. Can't really say that about anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.