1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods Return

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 4, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Winners win.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. Winners who actually do the ball-striking, not gumps carrying the bags.

What next, the fuckin' towel boys jumping up on the podium to host the Vince Lombardi Trophy?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Running joke from last year's AL Cy Young thread.

Sorry.

I was hoping JC would get a kick -- or a rise -- out of it.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Seriously, if I am Adam Scott, I'd be thinking, "I've won a few tournaments, but not so many I want a bag-dragging caddie horning into my media spotlight and creating a huge distraction when I win an event. I won 17 events without this guy, they don't count? Fuck that shit; here's your paycheck, asshole. Hit the fuckin' road."

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That might be the biggest kick in the groin ever!

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The End.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Sort of ironic that the guy who has such a hatred for cameras on the golf course couldn't stay the hell away from one yesterday.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

To be fair, after talking with Feherty he fired the CBS camera into the pond on the 16th.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Give the guy a break. Here's a guy who was in Tiger's wedding party and who did absolutely did the Sgt. Schultz for Tiger ("I see nooooothing"), Tiger basically has him hanging on with no $$ for better part of two years, then fires him because he wants to work while Tiger's on sabbatical. Yeah he was a caddie, but its not like he did nothing. Really hard to stay on retainer for two years and get zip income (whatever was earned the parior 10 years.)

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Nahhhhh ... not giving the guy a break. :)

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Adam Scott had one PGA win since 2008 before Sunday.

His last three tournaments before Williams became his caddy: Cut, 65th, cut

Williams joined him for the ATT; Scott took 3rd. he was with him at the British Open, he placed 25th. And he won this weekend with the lowest score at that tournament since 2000. This year before Williams he's missed four cuts in 10 events and placed 21, 23, 33, and 65 in four others. (He was second at the Masters and 6th in another).

Did Williams hit the shots? No. But I don't believe it's anything close to a complete coincidence that Adam Scott's game has dramatically improved since Williams, loathsome to some as he may be, became his caddy.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

People who think Adam Scott might fire Williams for what see said post Firestone seem to have followed very little of Adam Scott's career. If there was ever a golfer who needed a mental security blanket like Steve Williams, it was Scott.

Draft saved Draft deleted