1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods Return

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

So......what does he do this week at Akron, and next week at the PGA in Atlanta?

Personally; I think he wins one of the next two events.

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me a bit. I've got him in the SportsJournalists.com fantasy league this week, just not in today's lineup.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Firestone to him is like throwing the rabbit into the briar patch. He's only won there seven times. It's no-cut, so no pressure there. I think he has a 1 or 2-over start, has a couple of good rounds in between, teases enough for people to tune in early Sunday. CBS will be happy. They don't need him to win -- just be somewhat in the mix or better to have an excuse to televise every shot.

4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but he finished 78th at Firestone last year with some of the ugliest shots you'll see from any pro. That said, I think he'll play well. If time heals all wounds, emotional and physical, it's really about time to see glimpses of the old Tiger.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Just another guy who's lost off the tee, cannot hit it close and is wandering in the dark on the greens. Seriously. Last start was a WD at the Players that was eerily reminiscent of Michelle Wie WD'ing to avoid an 80. I was fascinated with the Tiger domination and a fanboi but he's not finished but he's like Agassi at rock bottom playing the challenger circuit.

6. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Hope he does well. Golf needs a competitive Tiger.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Bermudagrass rough next week at the PGA. If you aren't hitting your driver in the fairway, you've got no chance.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Hate Bermuda grass rough, that is one of the toughest shots for an amateur.

9. mb

mb Active Member

Judging four days by his first tee shot, he's fucked.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This.

Pars on first two.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

However, with Tiger's absence on tour the Players finally could get a drink at the table.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Five straight pars to open. Not spine-tingling, but a good, professional effort from what I can see.

If you haven't discovered this, it's pretty cool ...

http://www.pgatour.com/shottracker/current/pb_main_bridgestone.html/current/r476/current/current/

Draft saved Draft deleted