1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Absolutely.
    Those assholes don't know how to function without road construction going on.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

We had a family reunion for a wedding in Belgium several years ago, near Ghent, and rented a huge van to cart us around. All went well, although thankfully I didn't drive. Belgians are very good drivers, driving very nice cars.

There is a certain subset of Oregon drivers who love to hang out in the passing lane of I-5 in their Prius (with a Bernie bumper sticker) and drive 60, oblivious to those screaming past them at 75 or 80 in the other two lanes. I cringe when I see a Prius pull out in front of me in town because I know the driver will go 5-10 miles under the posted speed limit.

Surprised Woods wasn't hit with reckless driving. He was obviously speeding and probably a better-than-average chance he was on his phone.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

As far as sj.com threadjacks go, this has been a pretty good one.

HanSenSE and Hermes like this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Better or worse than the oral sex detour in the Rush Limbaugh death thread?

That’s a sentence right there.

misterbc likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am much more interested in board members' thoughts on driving in traffic throughout the country and world than I am hearing about their thoughts on oral.

dixiehack and Mngwa like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Say my name, bitch!

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The greater Chicagoland area says hold my traffic cone.

Matt1735, misterbc and swingline like this.
  8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

That was kinda the joke. I clearly failed. Carry on.

poindexter likes this.
  9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I haven't driven in NYC or Boston. I have driven in France and England. England was harrowing, but the only mistake I know I made was in a parking lot at a pub in Oxford. I was clearly in the way and my maneuver to get out of the way was the opposite of what I should have done, so I ended up more in the way.

I live in L.A. and I have never heard of the 20-minute rule. Most times it takes more than 20 minutes just to get to the freeway.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I haven't had a good reason to drive from Riverside to Anaheim in any of my relatively recent excursions to the greater southern California area, so please amend my list.

I think I was 9 when my grandparents lived near Beach and Ball in Anaheim and she'd pick us up from the house in Redlands. That'd be 1966-67, so I don't remember anything but hippies, carpet slides, the mule train at Knott's Berry Farm and you could see the Disneyland fireworks in the distance.

MileHigh and misterbc like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

This is why I love Rust Belt Scooby Doo Ghostcities. No traffic issues.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The "local sheriff" (funny to think of him as that, although of course he technically is but the use of local brings thoughts of small-town) is IMO the worse elected official in SoCal. He's a Hispanic Boss Hawg. just a terrible guy who smacks of incompetence, arrogance and fraud. He's also a media hound so no surprise he declared there will be no charges even though not one aspect of the investigation is completed.

Draft saved Draft deleted