1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods injured

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mngwa, Feb 23, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

About 12 years ago had a playoff basketball game to cover Saturday afternoon in Santa Ana. Things rolling over the Grapevine just fine, but soon as I got out of the hills, boom, parking lot, until I crossed the LA County-Orange County line, when it picked up again. Fortunately, had left plenty of time for that eventuality.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I have been in bumper-to-bumper traffic on the 5 at 2:30 a.m. on a Sunday. Los Angeles is in a league of its own when it comes to going nowhere fast. The freeways were clogged from the moment the first car found the first on-ramp there.

My personal top 12: 5, 405, 10, 101, Houston, Atlanta, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, New York, Washington DC. South Florida is at another level of crazy.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's the 5, the 405, the 10 and the 101, thank you.

MileHigh and maumann like this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The 405 trumps all of them.

And when he comes back he'll be Gaga 2.0.

[​IMG]

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Based on that logic, I hope they call Greg Jennings for comment.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

When I flew into Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood some years back, I was taken aback at how the cabbies drive. Not so much how fast they drive, but just how they drive. Shitting my pants would be an acceptable description of my behavior in the back seat.
    Dallas? I'm surprised there weren't 20,000 killed in that debacle on the interstate a few weeks back. Every one of them sumbitches are doing 90 or 0.
    Kansas City? I have been to Kansas City hundreds of times, and I absolutely despise driving there. I don't know what it is.
    Denver? I love driving in Denver. Can basically drive there blindfolded. Colfax takes you anywhere you need to go there. If it's not Colfax or the Mousetrap, then it's called Colorado Springs.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No he had it right the first time

Sincerely,
    Northern California

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The most impressive feat I've seen in a car was as a Uber passenger crossing the Bay Bridge from Oakland to San Francisco. The driver made it from the far right lane to the far left lane in bumper-to-bumper traffic. It seemed like he crossed some eight lanes in a single move, the whole time regaling us with stories about growing up in Greece.

I told him he wouldn't have made it more than one lane in LA without being hit and/or shot.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The only time I didn't run into weird traffic was driving into LA at 2:30a.m. Came out of the Grapevine and got to highway 60 in less than 20 minutes.

MileHigh and maumann like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In Jamaica, all reporters and photographers had drivers who served as bodyguards if need be.

After the first few days of puckering on wild rides around the island I decided I had no control over my fate and just went with the flow.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  11. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

Many years ago I flew into Boston. Construction brings traffic to a standstill before we leave the airport. Cabbie decides, “screw this,” and pulls onto the sidewalk to get ahead of as many cars as he could. To say I was certain I was going to die before reaching our destination was an understatement.

maumann likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Having done a lot of driving on the Dan Ryan in Chicago and in Atlanta a few times, I thought I was prepared to drive in LA the one time I was there.

I was not. Stressed me out.

I don’t try to drive in Boston or DC.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted