1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods in Car Accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by taller hack, Nov 27, 2009.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Les is fine. You? I'm not so sure.

Here's more speculation to drive EE crazy: Tiger was on Whitlock's Twitter page, saw that incorrect post about DD, said "NO FUCKING WAY" and next thing he knew he was mowing down a hydrant.
    But that's just a guess.

2. mb

mb Active Member

What's the difference between posting a bunch of wild speculation and innuendo here and doing what we're doing here in the office: Coming up with all kinds of ways this could have gone down?

It's the Y2K corner store, man. Just because we're journalists doesn't mean we're not still people, too. People who are interested when exceptionally famous folks have stuff happen to them.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

It's not a website for journalists. It's a website called SportsJournalists.com.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Bruddah, you've been here almost 4 years.

You knew the answer before you asked the question. C'mon, man.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

People simply should not drive while reading Twitter. It's a fact. Even fans of Les Carpenter.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That is fantastic. If he is OK, though.

What is amazing, though, is that he reached the green with a three wood.

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

According to a friend of mine, CNN just reported that he's been released. Checking it out now...

8. EE94

EE94 Guest

two words:

Balloon Boy

9. 93Devil

And it still amazes me that Tiger (or any other athlete/musician/actor) does not pay three different people $150,000 a year each just to fucking drive him around.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The ol' 10-12 hour Teddy Kennedy gap?

Can't wait to hear more.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The mayor of Windermere, Fla announced Woods has been released from the hospital.

12. 93Devil

I have no idea what that means, but pull up the Sean Taylor, Fort Hood threads and you can see how diluted the truth can become with second and third hand sources.

Draft saved Draft deleted